Is it in your DNA to make the world a little better, healthier and smarter every day? Do you like to bring automation to large and complex systems? Do you want to have an important role in reducing time in system verification and validation? Are you challenged by setting up test frameworks from scratch? Do you like to improve and upscale existing frameworks or would you like to practise model-based testing? Join us at TOPIC!
“Every assignment offers me exciting challenges. The collaborative environment at TOPIC makes it easier to align with my team and stakeholders, to ensure that the quality of products meets the specifications.”
Nicolas Pansardi | Test Automation Engineer at TOPIC
Your role as Test Automation Designer at TOPIC:
As a (Senior) Test Automation Engineer you are part of the TOPIC Test Group and involved in state-of-the-art projects for a variety of customers in the high-tech industry. In our projects we often use BDD, Model based testing, Robot framework, Python and C#. At TOPIC we want to ensure our continuous involvement in innovative areas. We therefore also support research projects that investigate methods and tools for the future of testing.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- inspiring, coaching and motivating developers to strive for quality and support them in creating objective, reproducible and maintainable automated tests;
- setting up or improving the test framework;
- development of new keyword libraries and expanding existing libraries;
- contribute to test architecture, strategy and test specification;
- advisor and sparring partner for customers and stakeholders;
- translating strategy into solutions and technology choices;
- depending on your ambitions and desires for personal growth, we will support you in shaping your future and let you take on more responsibilities as you grow in seniority.
- you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, are ISTQB certified and have at least 2 years of work experience in end-to-end test automation in the high-tech industry;
- you have knowledge of API testing (SOAP, REST, Postman), GUI testing and preferably testing for embedded products (C, TCL);
- you can display several test design techniques, are experienced in higher level testing (system integration, component testing) and are familiar with methods as BDD, keyword driven testing, data driven testing, model based testing and property based testing;
- you have an excellent command of English (both oral and written); knowledge of the Dutch language would be a big plus.