Is it in your DNA to make the world a little better, healthier and smarter every day? Does working on technologies such as autonomous driving or object detection with smart sensors combined with (deep learning) algorithms appeal to you? Are you challenged by generating/rendering (medical) data from 2D to 3D images or do you like to work on wireless communication solutions for Lidar, Bluetooth or Ultra-Wideband? Would you like to work from edge to cloud, from driver to embedded application? Join us at TOPIC!
"Working at TOPIC gives you a flexible environment where there are amazing and challenging projects to keep on improving yourself." Tom Verhees | Senior Software Engineer at TOPIC
Your job as a Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer at TOPIC you will get to work on state-of-the-art R&D projects within different domains and technologies. From developing low level and middleware solutions for implantable devices, surgical robots or high-tech machine control, to developing applications for IOT and real time data visualization.
You are part of one of our scrum teams and will work on the design and implementation of high quality software solutions. From proof of concept to the delivery of a market ready product. Programming languages and technologies in our stack are C++, C, Python, QT, Docker, AWS, GIT, Jenkins, RTOS, TDD and BDD. Memory management and performance optimization are essential in the embedded systems that we develop.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Design, implementation and verification of subsystems, modules and components;
- Maintaining and debugging existing software solutions;
- Write high quality, robust, structured code;
- Participate in meetings (e.g. stand-up, sprintplanning, retrospective, design/architectural sessions) and share your thoughts and ideas to help move the project forward;
- Sparring partner for peers and stakeholders inside and outside the team;
- Code review & guidance of (junior) engineers;
- Depending on your ambitions and desires for personal growth, we will support you in shaping your future and enable you to take on more responsibilities as you grow in seniority.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in (applied) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Physics and/or Mathematics;
- You have at least 8 years of experience in O.O. software development in the high-tech domain.
- You have excellent skills in C++ and C and are familiar with other programming languages such as Python and/or C#;
- You are used to delivering high quality code and are familiar with methodologies and techniques as Unit Testing, UML, Design Patterns, TDD/BDD and Agile;
- You have an excellent command of English (both oral and written); knowledge of the Dutch language is a big plus;