Senior Software Engineer C++
Is it in your DNA to make the world a little better, healthier and smarter every day? Are you challenged by projects that involve visualization of sensor data and object tracking technology? Does generating/rendering medical data from 2D to 3D images or software driver development in a moving platform appeal to you? Would you like to work from edge to cloud, from driver to (front-end) application? Join us at TOPIC!
“To me, working at TOPIC means working in a dynamic high-tech environment with lots of challenges in and outside the technical domain. On top of that, there is room for fun and personal development.”
George Cristian | Senior Software Engineer at TOPIC
Your job as a Senior Software Engineer
As Senior Software Engineer at TOPIC you are part of a scrum team and will work on various types of projects for different domains like industrial, medical or IOT. We often carry out edge-to-cloud projects where sensors are controlled to obtain data. You will be involved in data analysis, interpretation, storage (cloud) & optimization, predictability (AI) and visualization (front-end).
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Design, implementation and verification of subsystems, modules and components;
- Maintaining and debugging existing software solutions;
- Write high quality, robust, structured code;
- Participate in meetings (e.g. stand-up, sprintplanning, retrospective, design/architectural sessions) and share your thoughts and ideas to help move the project forward;
- Sparring partner for peers and stakeholders inside and outside the team;
- Code review & guidance of (junior) engineers;
- Depending on your ambitions and desires for personal growth, we will support you in shaping your future and enable you to take on more responsibilities as you grow in seniority.
- You have an University or Bachelor's degree in (applied) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Physics and/or Mathematics;
- You have 5+ years’ experience in O.O. programming in the high-tech domain.
- You have Excellent knowledge and command of C++. Preferably you are experienced in other technologies such as Python, C, C#, complex databases, front-end technologies like React and cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure;
- You are used to writing high quality code and are familiar with methodologies and techniques as UML, Design Patterns, Agile and TDD;
- You have excellent oral and written command of the English language, knowledge of the Dutch language would be a big plus;
TOPIC is committed to make the world a little better healthier and smarter every day. Not only for our customers but also for the members of our TOPIC family for whom passion for Technical innovation is key!
This will make you smarter:
- challenging and interesting projects in different domains;
- benefit from the expertise of your technical buddy and more than 100 smart colleagues;
- focus on guiding and coaching on personal development to achieve your ambitions;
- annual study budget and customized training program within our TOPIC Academy;
- tech events and knowledge sessions.
This will make you better:
- contract for indefinite period of time;
- an all-in employee benefit package (€50.000 – €68.000 annually): incl. competitive gross salary, net cost allowance, mobility package, 13th month payment, holiday allowance;
- good secondary employment conditions: i.a. 26 vacation days (opportunity to buy extra days), pension scheme and relocation budget.
This will keep you healthy:
- a good work-life balance, flexible working hours and hybrid way of working;
- an inspiring office environment with daily fresh fruit and a gym;
- the home office support package will turn your “home office” into an inspiring environment;
- lots of fun during events like celebrations, sport activities and the weekly Friday afternoon drinks.
Since 1996 we have been developing (embedded) systems that are essential for products manufactured by renowned high-tech companies around the world. Our projects involve edge to cloud solutions; from PCB design and FPGA to low level embedded software and application software for UI, Web, Mobile and cloud. We are well known for our high level of knowledge and expertise and are proud to be a Premier Design Services Partner of AMD Xilinx; technology leader in the field of System-on-Chips and FPGAs.
Are you interested in this vacancy?
Apply now by contacting our recruitment team!
- Business Management team
Roadmap to your TOPIC job
Other interesting vacancies
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
- embedded software, C, C++
- Location Eindhoven area