Are you passionate about high-speed, low power designs? Do you want to contribute to highly complex and innovative projects for different domains like autonomous vehicles, medical device development, the next supercomputer or an ultrasonic inspection platform. Do you like to be challenged by developing the best solutions around cutting edge technologies such as Lidar and Photonics? Do you also like to take ownership and responsibility while working on multiple projects in parallel? Then join us at TOPIC!
“THERE IS ALWAYS AN OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN WHILE DOING WHAT I LOVE.”
Annamarie Stanton | Senior Hardware Architect at TOPIC
Your job as Senior Hardware Engineer
As Senior Hardware Engineer at TOPIC you are part of our Hardware team and have an important role within our complex development projects. You are a trusted sparring partner for peers, customers and other parties involved and are responsible for translating the concepts to the team. You take on the lead role in designing complex hardware development projects and you prioritize multiple projects and clients.
You will work on the implementation of a wide range of solutions for various industries; from designing medical IoT devices to developing the next generation of high-speed computing platforms- and everything in between. You will be involved in the full development cycle; system requirement capturing and translation into hardware design architecture, PCB design & routing, schematics, testing & integration. The diversity of projects allows you to keep expanding your skills and knowledge. We support and enable your personal development and encourage you to take on new responsibilities that match your wishes and ambition.
In our tech stack we use tools such as Mentor Graphics Xpedition, Altium Designer, HyperLynx. TOPIC is one of a few selected companies worldwide to have a Adaptive Computing Partnership with AMD (Xilinx), allowing us to adopt and apply new FPGA technology in an early stage.
As Senior Hardware Engineer at TOPIC you will be working on in-house projects carried out at our inspiring office in Best. We are looking to expand our multidisciplinary team existing of currently 11 colleagues from Hardware, Firmware and Embedded Software discipline.
As Senior Hardware Engineer at TOPIC
- You have a Master's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering and at least 3-5 years of professional experience, preferably in Europe;
- You have a successful track record in high-tech hardware development projects (high-speed, low-power designs, combining FPGAs with ARM microprocessors, DDR4 memories, fast ADCs and radio modules such as WiFi and Bluetooth) and are familiar with tools such as Mentor Graphics Xpedition, Altium Designer, HyperLynx;
- You are proficient in the full development cycle; from discussing requirements with the customer, the translation of system requirements into hardware design architecture, the schematic design and PCB design & routing to testing and integration;
- You are used to working in a structured (ISO-13485) development process, have worked on multiple projects simultaneously and know how to prioritize multiple projects and clients;
- You are communicative, have a can-do mentality and are a high-level conceptual thinker. This makes you a trusted sparring partner and able to implement the designs of complex hardware development projects;
- You have excellent oral and written command of the English language is required for this role, command of the Dutch language is an advantage .