Is it in your DNA to make the world a little better, healthier and smarter every day? Are you challenged by working on multiple complex high-tech projects at the same time. Do you enjoy working together with a team of highly educated hardware- and software specialists? Join us at TOPIC!
“As Project manager at TOPIC you will work on all kind of different projects and customers at the same time which vary in duration and extent. Each project with its own challenges, from technical and organization point-of-view.”
Stefan Groenen | Project manager at TOPIC
Who are you as a Project manager?
As an enthusiastic and driven Project manager you are responsible for the management of combined software- and hardware development projects, often centered around a FPGA-solution. Mostly you manage multiple projects at the same time which vary in duration and extent. Your team consists of experienced highly educated hardware- and software specialists (2-5) who develop smart solutions through your inspiring leadership. Domains for example are Medical, Industry and Mobility & Transport. You are responsible for executing within the agreed timeline and budget.
What are your tasks
- Day-to-day management of multiple real-time embedded development projects up to and including cloud services at the same time;
- Writing, adjusting and updating of project plans;
- Responsible for quality, budget and time; within the certified Quality Management System (QMS)
- Management of the project team;
- Participation on the steering group for reporting progress of projects;
- Resource planning;
- Supplier management;
- Communication with and visiting of customers;
- Contributes to continuous improvement of the Quality Management System of TOPIC (QMS).
- Providing leadership to either establish or maintain high performance multi-disciplinary teams
- Completed Bachelor or Master study and 5 years+ of experience in a similar role;
- Comfortable in a dynamic and international working environment;
- A track record and experience in project management of (embedded) development projects;
- Experience with hardware, software- and FPGA development;
- Working experience on Waterfall, Agile/Scrum and/or SAFe;
- Analytical, strong communication skills and a strong personality;
- You have a helicopter view and are able to keep a technical overview;
- Experience with safety critical processes is a plus;
- Knowledge of hardware, Low power design, board design, Linux
- Of consideration is managing projects with knowledge of systems engineering principles, such as the “V” model,
- Experience on delivering within a certified environment (ISO13485) is advantageous
- Formal project management qualifications are valued
- Relocating to/or residing in the Netherlands
- Fluent in the English language, Dutch is highly valued, and additional languages are a bonus.
Projectmanagement, Embedded Systems
- Location Eindhoven area
To carry out our interesting, innovative and challenging projects in ambitious work environments, TOPIC offers a full-time employment with a contract for an indefinite period. As an employee at TOPIC, you will receive excellent and individual coaching to help you grow both on a personal and technical level.
Being part of the TOPIC family, you will benefit from the expertise of more than 150 smart colleagues. The working atmosphere is informal, open and collegial with flexible working hours and the option to (partially) work from home and 26 vacation days.
We offer an all-in competitive employee benefit package including:
- Gross salary
- Net cost allowance
- Mobility package
- Thirteenth month payment
- 8% holiday allowance
Our job structure model consists of several seniority levels. Your position in the salary scale will be conform your previous experience and expertise. For this position, we are looking for a Project manager. The annual all-in benefit package will be between €65.000 and €100.000.
Additionally, you will also receive an insurance package, a good pension scheme and a yearly study budget including paid training days. We offer a home office support package and TOPIC has a relocation assistance program in place for new employees.
On top of this, you can benefit from extra's such as the use of our own gym and fresh fruit at your disposal every day. Our inspirational head office in Best is easily accessible and has excellent ICT facilities.
TOPIC is committed every day to make the world a little better, smarter and healthier. For 25 years, customers have been trusting on TOPIC for the development of embedded systems that are essential for products manufactured by renowned high-tech companies around the world. We are well known for the knowledge and expertise of our highly skilled engineers. We are able to maintain this by continuously investing in the development of our engineers: internal and external training courses with certifications, personalised meetups and knowledge sharing are part of this. Our projects involve edge to cloud solutions; from PCB design and FPGA to low level embedded software and application software for UI, Web, Mobile and Cloud.
Our consultancy services add expertise to a team on-site at our clients or offer them advice on a solution to an existing problem, a strategy or a process. In-house projects (from design and development to production and market introduction) are carried out by our engineers at the TOPIC head office. TOPIC also offers Farm Out projects: a unique service in which a TOPIC team of engineers is engaged for a specific development project of a customer.
Our range of TOPIC products consist of high-quality System-on-Modules that aim to accelerate product development and are scalable in performance and functionality.
The quality of TOPIC's work and development processes is guaranteed and certified according to the ISO-13485, ISO/IEC-27001 and NEN-7510-1 standards. We are also proud to be a Premier Partner of Xilinx; technology leader in the field of System-on-Chips and FPGA's.