Software Designer job
Is it in your DNA to make the world a little better, healthier and smarter every day? Are you passionate about solving complex problems and do you want to be involved in determining in what (technical) direction our state-of-the-art projects should move? Does working on technologies as (medical) sensor data, object tracking, Ultra-Wideband or an ultrasound inspection platform appeal to you? Do you have a broad interest; from edge-to-cloud, from driver to application? Join us at Topic!
“TOPIC makes me feel trusted and confident in my skills.”
Özge Kaya | Software Designer at TOPIC
Your job as Software Designer:
As Software Designer at TOPIC you have an important role within our complex development projects. You will be working on state-of-the-art projects often covering the entire process; ranging from the definition of requirements to delivery. The problems and solutions you work on are complex and you help determine in what (technical) direction projects should move and which design choices must be made.
We often carry out edge-to-cloud projects where for example sensors are controlled to obtain data. Based on your experience and wishes you can be involved in the lower level software and/or in application development. You get to work on different fields and technologies; e.g. Medical device development, object tracking, industrial , Lidar, Autonomous vehicles, wireless communication and image/video processing.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- sparring partner and advisor for customers and stakeholders with regard to technical solutions and choices;
- discussing (high level) requirement and translating into design of the (sub)system, module or component;
- overseeing and contributing to the implementation and verification of the chosen solution;
- contribute and/or lead the architectural and design sessions;
- mentoring & coaching of (senior) engineers;
- depending on your ambitions and desires for personal growth, we will support you in shaping your future and enable you to expand your tasks and responsibilities.
- you have a Master's or Bachelor's degree in (applied) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Physics, Mathematics or similar direction;
- you have over 8 years of relevant working experience with embedded and/or application development within the hightech domain. you also have experience with the realization of complex projects (from requirements to delivery);
- you have excellent knowledge of and experience in several (O.O). programming languages such as C++, C, C#, Python and/or Java and you are familiar with multiple design methods.
- you have good communicative and social skills and the charisma to lead a team and gain support for your ideas from stakeholders in- and outside the team.
- Excellent oral and written command of the English language is required.
TOPIC is committed to make the world a little better healthier and smarter every day. Not only for our customers but also for the members of our TOPIC family for whom passion for Technical innovation is key!
This will make you smarter:
- challenging and interesting projects in different domains;
- benefit from the expertise of your technical buddy and more than 100 smart colleagues;
- focus on guiding and coaching on personal development to achieve your ambitions;
- annual study budget and customized training program within our TOPIC Academy;
- tech events and knowledge sessions.
This will make you better:
- contract for indefinite period of time;
- an all-in employee benefit package (€55.000 – €73.000 annually): incl. competitive gross salary, net cost allowance, mobility package, 13th month payment, holiday allowance;
- good secondary employment conditions: i.a. 26 vacation days (opportunity to buy extra days), pension scheme and relocation budget.
This will keep you healthy:
- a good work-life balance, flexible working hours and hybrid way of working;
- an inspiring office environment with daily fresh fruit and a gym;
- the home office support package will turn your “home office” into an inspiring environment;
- lots of fun during events like celebrations, sport activities and the weekly Friday afternoon drinks.
Since 1996 we have been developing (embedded) systems that are essential for products manufactured by renowned high-tech companies around the world. Our projects involve edge to cloud solutions; from PCB design and FPGA to low level embedded software and application software for UI, Web, Mobile and cloud. We are well known for our high level of knowledge and expertise and are proud to be a Premier Design Services Partner of AMD Xilinx; technology leader in the field of System-on-Chips and FPGAs.
Are you interested in this vacancy?
Apply now by contacting our recruitment team!
- Business Management team
Roadmap to your TOPIC job
Other interesting vacancies
Senior Test Automation Engineer
- Robot framework, model-based testing, BDD
- Location Eindhoven area
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
- embedded software, C, C++
- Location Eindhoven area