Senior Software Engineer (Inhouse)
Is it in your DNA to make the world a little better, healthier and smarter every day? Do you want to be part of projects that cover the entire process, from edge to cloud and from driver to (front-end) application? Do you want to work on (big scaled) high-tech systems and do you like to have responsibility or take lead in the delivery of features and tasks? Would you be challenged by developing software in well-thought-out and complex architecture for state-of-the-art distributed systems? Join one of our Farm-out teams!
"Working at TOPIC gives you a flexible environment where there are amazing and challenging projects to keep on improving yourself"
Tom Verhees | Software Engineer at TOPIC
Your job as Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer within TOPIC’s Farm-out projects you will be working on solutions that fit into (big scaled) high-tech systems. The team works partially at our head office in Best, partially from the customer location and partially remote.
The tasks are diverse and can involve development of software interfaces that provide communication and data transfer between software components, implementation of algorithms, driver development, implementing solutions for software issues, development of applications with a graphical UI interface and testing using GMock, simulated environment and test automation.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Design, implementation and verification of subsystems, modules and components;
- Maintaining and debugging existing software solutions;
- Write high quality, robust, structured code;
- Participate in meetings (e.g. stand-up, sprintplanning, retrospective, design/architectural sessions) and share your thoughts and ideas to help move the project forward;
- Sparring partner for peers and stakeholders inside and outside the team;
- Code review & guidance of (junior) engineers;
- Depending on your ambitions and desires for personal growth, we will support you in shaping your future and enable you to take on more responsibilities as you grow in seniority.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in (applied) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Physics and/or Mathematics;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software development using C++ and Python and preferably other programming languages such as C and/or C#;
- You are familiar with methodologies and techniques as O.O. programming, Unit Testing, UML, Design Patterns, TDD/BDD and Agile;
- You have an excellent command of English (both oral and written); knowledge of the Dutch language is a big plus;
TOPIC is committed to make the world a little better healthier and smarter every day. Not only for our customers but also for the members of our TOPIC family for whom passion for Technical innovation is key!
This will make you smarter:
- challenging and interesting projects in different domains;
- benefit from the expertise of your technical buddy and more than 100 smart colleagues;
- focus on guiding and coaching on personal development to achieve your ambitions;
- annual study budget and customized training program within our TOPIC Academy;
- tech events and knowledge sessions.
This will make you better:
- contract for indefinite period of time;
- an all-in employee benefit package (€50.000 – €68.000 annually): incl. competitive gross salary, net cost allowance, mobility package, 13th month payment, holiday allowance;
- good secondary employment conditions: i.a. 26 vacation days (opportunity to buy extra days), pension scheme and relocation budget.
This will keep you healthy:
- a good work-life balance, flexible working hours and hybrid way of working;
- an inspiring office environment with daily fresh fruit and a gym;
- the home office support package will turn your “home office” into an inspiring environment;
- lots of fun during events like celebrations, sport activities and the weekly Friday afternoon drinks.
Since 1996 we have been developing (embedded) systems that are essential for products manufactured by renowned high-tech companies around the world. Our projects involve edge to cloud solutions; from PCB design and FPGA to low level embedded software and application software for UI, Web, Mobile and cloud. We are well known for our high level of knowledge and expertise and are proud to be a Premier Design Services Partner of AMD Xilinx; technology leader in the field of System-on-Chips and FPGAs.
Are you interested in this vacancy?
Apply now by contacting our recruitment team!
- Business Management team